Industry Facilitation and IT Promotion Cell of OCAC under the administrative control of Department of Information Technology, registers and administers the incentive schemes for the eligible IT units. The Industry Facilitation and IT Promotion Cell was made functional at the Odisha Computer Application Center Vide the Government office order No.It-E-26/2003/110/IT dated 11th January 2005.
One of the core activities of the of E&IT Department is to develop a promotional and awareness strategy for the ICT sector by identifying the strength of Odisha and initiatives taken by the Government of Odisha to provide the best infrastructure and support to ensure the big industries in the IT, ITES and ESDM sectors to chose Odisha as the ultimate destination to invest. The aim is to put in place a package of incentives, which will make Odisha one of the most attractive destinations to invest in ESDM/IT/ITES sector in the country. The activities envisaged in the cell include disbursement of incentives to eligible ICT units, administer as per the ICT policy 2014.
The core activities are as follows
- A comparative study of the current ICT-Policy of the State with those of other States and suggest a competitive positioning of the State through SWOT analysis.
- Suggest changes/modifications required in the policy from time to time to match overall industrial and IT scenario.
- Participation in selected IT events (Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Exhibitions, Expositions, Trade Fairs) of Regional, National and International nature.
- Organizing Road Shows and Investors' Meet at major IT/ITES hubs of the country and at identified oversees locations in US, Europe, Dubai, Australia.
- Organizing one Investors' Meet and/or a major IT event at least once every two years in the State Capital or at other emerging IT destinations like Rourkela, Berhampur and Sambalpur etc.
- Keeping in touch with other State Govt. organization like IDCO, IPICOL, Tourism Department, Science & Technology Department, Information & Public Relation Department, Odisha Investment & Export promotion Office (OIEPO), New Delhi for coordinated and synergetic actions & programmes in the IT/ITES sectors.
- Keeping in touch with Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, GOI and other agencies like STPI, ESC, CDAC, IESA and NISG etc. for coordinated and synergetic actions & programmes in the IT/ITES/ESDM sectors.
- Ensure availability of all IT/ITES State related data, information on the State Govt. portal and Website of the Technical Directorate of the Electronics & Information Technology Department i.e. www.ocac.in
- Preparation of world-class promotional materials like brochures, CD's etc. for distribution at IT / ITES events and updating of the same at suitable intervals.
- Workout detail programme for promotional campaign in mass media and electronic media. Appoint a suitable consultant for Media Management.
- Work out a realistic annual budget for each activity and programme of the Cell well in advance for placement before the State Govt. for approval and allocation of fund in the E&IT Department budget.
- Identify training requirements of its personnel and recommend suitable short-term courses for building up expertise, and skills in areas like promotional strategy, competitive advantage, brand equity, and positioning, investment promotion etc.
- Attend sectoral meets on IT/ITES/ESDM organized by agencies like NASSCOM, CII, IESA and other industry forums to keep abreast with the overall industry scenario in general and IT/ITES/ESDM scenario in particular.
- Appoint Consultant as and when required, on important matters such as drafting of policies, programmes, strategy and action plans.
- Rendering facilitation services to important guests and prospective investors and Govt. dignitaries visiting the State.