Electronic Manufacturing Clusters(EMC)
As per the National Electronics Policy guideline, the State Government has submitted a DPR to DeitY, Government of India for setting up of a Green Field Electronics Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) inside the InfoValley in an area of 203 acres for necessary approval and placement of grant from Government of India to develop the same. The MeitY, Government of India has cleared the proposal on 05.09.16. The Project to be developed by SPV promoted by IDCO as chief Promoter.Total Project cost is Rs 200.75 crores. The Govt of Indial will give Grant in aid of 93.08 crores. Total EMC area is 203.37 acres out of which 173.69 acres is processing area and 29.68 acres is Non Processing area. Sector identified for the EMC are LED products, Solar Products, Mobile Phones and consumer Electronics. The E&IT Deptt is giving Rs 25 crore to IDCO as GIA from State Govt.
- The EMC (Electronic Manufacturing cluster), located at Harapur, Gaudakasipur and Durgapur villages of Khordha district, is expected to house over 100 electronics manufacturing units. The project has an employment potential of 10,000 - 12,000 jobs, which will be a mix of skilled and semi-skilled personnel
- ESDM Park is being developed on 160 acres of parcel under infovalley under the EMC scheme of GoI.
- Project to be developed by SPV promoted by IDCO & OCAC
- DPR for EMC being prepared by IESA
- Total expenditure envisaged - Rs 138.48 Cr*
- IDCO – Rs 30.00 Cr
- Industries – Rs 44.81 Cr
- GOI grant - Rs 63.67 Cr